Click here for info about our upcoming events
Stay up to date with all the latest news
Update on Mature Aged Worker project
Unfortunately the Mature Aged Workers project is now finished. The ACT Government funded the pilot to test the idea. The last workshops were held in November 2018.
If you are interested in working in Disability Support, here are a few tips:
- Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) run an Induction to Disability short course that includes basic skills and 5 days work experience. Contact CIT for more details.
- Check out the online platforms HireUp and Mable where you can load your profile and manage your job search.
- There are also jobs on Ethical Jobs, SEEK and many other job platforms. Or you can contact a disability provider directly about what they have available.
- Note that for all of these options you will need to have a Working with Vulnerable People registration, a police check and a first aid certificate.
- Disability support needs people with life experience, kindness and people skills. Many people over 55 have what it takes to make a real difference in this field.